Define Intervention Define Intervention

I'm glad I uploaded my mettaton NEO animation on this day, cause geting 2nd place got me to see who got first, and this is truly deserving every recognition it can get.

its something I always had in my mind and this animation just show everything I always thought...I'm now enlightened!

Boba Fett - Red Dawn Boba Fett - Red Dawn

I was actually really impressed with your intro and establishing shots/sequences that it got me pretty engaged and invested into the animation until I kinda didnt expect what I saw.

was there any reason that you didnt really animated boba getting himself out of the Sarlacc pit? like showing how it looks like inside, and what he attempted to get himself out of the pit.... instead it felt like you skip a huge chunk of animation and got to the point where hes already out and shot some other poor dude's body off and chucking a bomb back into the pit.

say it as quite a disappointment as I kinda actually expected more out of it. the intro and ending sequence were done exceptionally well, its just weird on how you handle the middle scene.

BOMBISUKI BOMBISUKI

I rarely review, but I can give my honest criticism I guess

overall I think you have the grasp in animation somewhat, but I think you still lack in the direction of how you want to show and portray your scenes.

one major mistake u had was that scene from 46-52seconds. on my first watch, I was confused who that extra kid came from suddenly out of no where. after rewatching that scene again, I realize you snug in like 2seconds of the blue robot throwing some green thing onto his pet panda and then cutting immediately to a new scene.

I take that that green thing now transforms the pet panda dog thing into the other kid while he became the robot. was there any reason you omit out that transformation or not properly establishing that the panda dog actually also transforms? or that you are relying on people who already watch your previous development on this series to know that his panda dog changes?

I think, you still have to at least make some more establishment on this rather than just 2-3 seconds of a quick gesture to tell folks whats going on. or isit cause you are concern of the music timming so you ommited out that? it could be established earlier with some proper re-working of the starting scenes too like maybe show them both transforming.

I think your animation works fine, still on the path of improvement but you are getting the idea, abiet some scenes are really too fast to catch. remember that you may KNOW what your scene is doing, people who arent working on it don't know anything so you may need to "slow" down some sequence to properly establish or show the sequence you're choreographing out.

overall I think you're doing fine and keep up the good job.

Xraylive responds:

Thank you for the review! I already realized the mistakes that you listed as I had people tell me about those specific errors when i was working on this, but this project had a due date at the time. I also realized I tend to make my animation fast pace to the point the viewer doesn't know what is going on so I plan on making that one of my main focuses. I told myself after I get this project done, I will begin training on my craft so the critiques are always appreciated.

Theia Theia

its like dragon's lair

you know this game, dragon's lair by the animator don bluth? your animations are like dragon's lair. highly detailed animation of walking, drilling. taking lots of time for each sequence to end. probably maybe its your game mechanic to deliberately make the drilling animation to be painfully long.

also in dragon's lair, the game is super strict in its collision detection. same like your game, where you precisely need to be in the center of the boulder to push it and so on.

put all this factors in and boss levels that need super precision timing and pacing makes this game really really frustrating. I stopped playing after winning the second boss cause it just grits my nerve on how precise the timing is needed to escape from the lava.

hit a wall for a second? guess you can kiss your ass goodbye as you have no more time to escape from the lava.

puzzle games with such precision and speed factors just don't make a good game at all.

props for the don bluth animation of your character sprite though. could had use a frame or 2 lesser.

Toonimated responds:

and get to the final boss (with a password in your case) and you'll see something really peculiar!