Define Intervention Define Intervention

I'm glad I uploaded my mettaton NEO animation on this day, cause geting 2nd place got me to see who got first, and this is truly deserving every recognition it can get.

its something I always had in my mind and this animation just show everything I always thought...I'm now enlightened!

Boba Fett - Red Dawn Boba Fett - Red Dawn

I was actually really impressed with your intro and establishing shots/sequences that it got me pretty engaged and invested into the animation until I kinda didnt expect what I saw.

was there any reason that you didnt really animated boba getting himself out of the Sarlacc pit? like showing how it looks like inside, and what he attempted to get himself out of the pit.... instead it felt like you skip a huge chunk of animation and got to the point where hes already out and shot some other poor dude's body off and chucking a bomb back into the pit.

say it as quite a disappointment as I kinda actually expected more out of it. the intro and ending sequence were done exceptionally well, its just weird on how you handle the middle scene.

BOMBISUKI BOMBISUKI

I rarely review, but I can give my honest criticism I guess

overall I think you have the grasp in animation somewhat, but I think you still lack in the direction of how you want to show and portray your scenes.

one major mistake u had was that scene from 46-52seconds. on my first watch, I was confused who that extra kid came from suddenly out of no where. after rewatching that scene again, I realize you snug in like 2seconds of the blue robot throwing some green thing onto his pet panda and then cutting immediately to a new scene.

I take that that green thing now transforms the pet panda dog thing into the other kid while he became the robot. was there any reason you omit out that transformation or not properly establishing that the panda dog actually also transforms? or that you are relying on people who already watch your previous development on this series to know that his panda dog changes?

I think, you still have to at least make some more establishment on this rather than just 2-3 seconds of a quick gesture to tell folks whats going on. or isit cause you are concern of the music timming so you ommited out that? it could be established earlier with some proper re-working of the starting scenes too like maybe show them both transforming.

I think your animation works fine, still on the path of improvement but you are getting the idea, abiet some scenes are really too fast to catch. remember that you may KNOW what your scene is doing, people who arent working on it don't know anything so you may need to "slow" down some sequence to properly establish or show the sequence you're choreographing out.

overall I think you're doing fine and keep up the good job.

Xraylive responds:

Thank you for the review! I already realized the mistakes that you listed as I had people tell me about those specific errors when i was working on this, but this project had a due date at the time. I also realized I tend to make my animation fast pace to the point the viewer doesn't know what is going on so I plan on making that one of my main focuses. I told myself after I get this project done, I will begin training on my craft so the critiques are always appreciated.

Monster Hunter Barbeque Monster Hunter Barbeque

nice to see a monster hunter animation made.
voice could had being better lol. I do kinda question was the sake of animating the turning shot of the hunter's face was necessary though cause it kinda didnt really add anything to the scene and felt it was like extra work unless you were practicing more on your frame by frame work.

nevertheless, nice work. love the detail you put in, but could had be refined more for deviljoe's animation lol.

Zero-End responds:

Thanks for the review, I love your work. I will definitely make good use of the critiques.

Epexsus Episode 1 Epexsus Episode 1

for a one man job and at the age of 18 I think you are going off at a good start.
sure it has lots of its flaws and inconsistency but it brings me back at my age when I also started out animation and everything just works.

but as you progress and get better, its gonna be much harder to pull off a epic 15min animation by yourself when you want every scene to be at its best quality. ;)

take the critics that review your work with some thought. you are going somewhere with this and keep at it.
I've not much to critic as most of the critics have already pointed out the flaws and I would be repeating myself, so heres my encouragement post and keep carrying on your passion to your craft.

Bunnykill 5 Part 1 Bunnykill 5 Part 1

wow the cloak technic

didnt know I finally get to see someone do the cloaking technic put into very good use in this animation!

its done by making your character the animated mask on a slightly larger BG to create the distortion effect right?

that scene must have LOTS of masking work.

Mottis responds:

Yeah, thats how i did the cloacking, except that it's not bigger than the "real" background, i just moved it a ittle bit to the right and downwards. Oh, and it's a .jpeg, so the movie would run smoother (It still lagged quite a bit on the cloacking parts, at least for me)

Repercussions of Evil Repercussions of Evil

it does had its moments.

given that your animation is up against other variations done before like G mod which tend to have even funnier situations presented compared to your flash version. But I think you executed yours pretty well in the end. I was half expecting some actual serious attempt/take on that story but you did show most of the funny scenes with serious executions in terms of the art style.

Phobotech responds:

Ehh it's all a matter of opinion if the Gmod one's had funnier situations or not. I am one of those that saw those Gmod interpretations and thought "this could be done better."

I tried to balance out the overdrama with comedy so it's not constantly in your face, ANNOYINGLY joke after joke after gag after joke, y'know? Plus, I'm under the theory that there can be comedy in the content when its trying to take itself seriously in between absurd acts. I've also used this flash as a platform to practice many different things I've never done before.

I'm glad you liked this hideous little experiment, and I thank you for the review. :)

Titanomachina Titanomachina

did you change plans?

I had a feeling that you originally wanted to work on tiny humans vs a giant mecha as seen in the first half, but suddenly that rock monsterish mecha come busting out I had a feeling u probably screw the first half and go ahead with a 2 giant machine brawl of epic proportions.

cause really the first half dosent make any link at all to the second half...does really tripping the giant mecha did any help for the other rock monster mecha's advantage? haha.

but nevertheless its really good and have the feel of the heavy/titan brawl to it.

Pokemon: Fated Encounter Pokemon: Fated Encounter

its good but effects really got messy as it goes

as usual, its really well executed but the fights really really got vibratingly messy as it goes on. basically maybe cause of that resolution you choose to animate.

but nevertheless I think more stuff can be still improved. pretty good anyway.

uinless its your intention to make it that fast and messy.

Tyrant-D responds:

NCH you will give me a 10 in my next flash just you watch!!

AArrrrhhhh XD

Pokemon: Fated Battle Pokemon: Fated Battle

hey...my name IS in the credits!

never knew about this until i saw it on youtube when someone mention that this was better than pokemon hunter.

well, hey! looks like you took inspiration from my pokemon hunter, its a good thing I see my name in the credits cause those ultra dramatic steelix jaw pose and so on are really a dejavu heh.

anyhow, I can say the choreography is really better than mine, though effects has to be work on, ie your smoke explosion is just a bunch of curvy black lines.

character consistency needs to be improved on also

personally, I think you did exceptionally well with the steelix battle ;) cause I love how you copied all my DRAMATIC JAW ANGLES, AND MOVING SEGMENTS.
the charizard battle scene feels quite too hard to follow and tacky in some way

the one gibe about this animation is that it feels too claustrophobic, probably your resolution and many scenes has just felt really too cramped up and too full of action.

well, since this is what u claim as your second ever made flash i think its pretty not bad but it still has lots of room for improvement. flash animation starts to take an ass long to finish when you start to begin all that "Quality control"

thats why I never finish anything in the end cause I'm a perfectionist and I always want to get every scene looking right.

Tyrant-D responds:

Mmmm haha funny meeting to you here, yes I was inspired by your pokemon hunter, but in no way could I relate to the art value of it. I wanted to make something purely of entertainment :)

As this "IS" my second flash :) theres still alot of things I need to improve on i.e smoke being a bunch of lines lol. Maybe I shouldn't have set myself a time limit :P and HAHA man yes steelix movements remind you of your own. I thought your steelix was flawless, and looked even more menacing than the original. I tried that path, It didn't come out how I liked it but, overall I was happy with the resulted steelix so really thanks (hope I don't breach your steelix infringment O_o XD

Hopefully in my next animation maybe next time I should focus a bit more on the art value rather than entertainment as I see alot of folks pick in that trend. Thanks for the review, remember I'm no graphic designer so I take this as a big compliment.

(Also hope our second pokemon animations do better than the first :)